ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery¬ , Otis Spunkmeyer¬ , and Oakrun Farm Bakery¬ . We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 26 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers‚€™ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
ARYZTA Americas operates one of the largest specialty bakery businesses servicing all major customers in the retail, foodservice, QSR and convenience store channels.
The Americas Structure includes five operating Business Units: Brazil, Canada, Brand, ARYZTA US Baking Solutions and ARYZTA US Consumer Foods, which are serviced by five Americas Central Support Functions covering areas such as Food Safety & Quality Assurance, Environmental Health & Safety, Sustainability, HR, Legal, IT, Finance Shared Services, Procurement, Category Management, and Commercialization.
As part of the Bakery Finance group, you will work with both management and operations personnel and report on multiple bakeries. Prepare and maintain accounting records, including general accounting, cost accounting, and budget data. Performs operational level monthly closing and account reconciliations. Prepare financial variance analysis reports. Prepare various budget and forecast schedules. Ensures process order settlement is complete and accurate.
Collect, analyze, evaluate, and present data about the bakeries internal financial and operational performance, with an emphasis on accurate and timely delivery of results.
Prepare weekly Bakery financial and operational reporting on:
- Capacity utilization
- Spend analysis and forecasting
- Material variance and stock trend
- Labor reporting
- Variance reporting, including variance explanations.
- Analyze production process order variances to ensure that production information is accurate and complete. Provide insight to operations for continuous improvement
- Ensures that production process orders are financially settled and closed
- Communicate production process order variance results to controller / local operations team with a view towards continuous improvement
- Ensure proper month end processing cut off
- Track process order variances to identify potential changes for processing time
Perform month end close procedures for the Bakeries
- Calculate accruals and prepare journal entries
- Perform and maintain account reconciliations
- Variance reporting, including variance explanations
- Preparation, review and presentation of monthly performance of monthly financial performance to local operations team as required
Assist in preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Determine direct labor hours necessary to support budgeted volumes
- Assist in development weekly forecasts of standard operating costs
Perform GR/IR discrepancy investigation and resolution.
Perform other duties as assigned or required
ARYZTA is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE)
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor‚€™s degree with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or general business.
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Computer literate in spreadsheet and word applications
- Good analytical, organizational skills, and time management skills
- Understanding of cost accounting, month end closings and journal entries
- Self-starter, dependable, adaptable, and requires minimal supervision
- Team player with strong people skills and the ability to communicate successfully
- Willingness to be out in the plants partnering with operations required.
- Able to work with management and cross functionally
- Travel approximately 15%
- Accounting experience in food industry
- SAP and BOBJ experience
- Professional designation (CPA/CMA)
40 hour work week
Logan Township, NJ